Meditation is a powerful tool when you're on a spiritual journey. Learn how to meditate with your Chakras to enhance your spirituality practice.
Chakras are energy centers located in your body. These energy centers are where your body is able to transmit and receive energy.
There are focal points in your body for each of the 7 chakras, which are often used when you go for a natural healing session, such as with acupuncture. They allow your mind, body and spirit to all react together as one.
You can also use your chakras when you are meditating by following these tips.
Know Where the Chakras Are
In order to learn how to meditate with chakras, you will need to become familiar with where they are located. The 7 chakras are in 7 different parts of your body.
You will find them in the following locations:
1. Root chakra – At the base of your spine.
2. Sacral chakra – Located near your lower abdomen, below the navel.
3. Solar plexus chakra – In your upper abdomen near the stomach.
4. Heart chakra – This is just above your heart and in the center of your chest.
5. Throat chakra – Located in your throat.
6. Third eye chakra – You can find this on your forehead between your eyes.
7. Crown chakra – The final chakra is right on the top of your head, called the crown.
Learn What Each of Them Mean
The next step in using your chakras during meditation is knowing when your should use each chakra. Not only do the chakras define a part of the body, but there are also certain issues that each of them will be able to to assist with.
For example, the third eye chakra should be used for wisdom and making better decisions, while the crown chakra is excellent when focusing on inner and outer beauty. Here are some of the other issues related to the chakra:
- Solar plexus chakra for self-esteem and self-confidence.
- Heart chakra for inner peace, joy and love.
- Throat chakra for better communication.
- Root chakra for money, food and independence.
- Sacral chakra for wellbeing and abundance, as well as sexuality issues.
Start Your Chakra Meditation
By this point, you are finally ready to use your chakras and what you have learned to begin meditating. If you want, you can grab your favorite healing crystals that correspond with each chakra to enhance your practice.
What you are going to do is focus on each chakra during your meditation, one at a time. You can go in order, go in any random order, or go from the top of your head to the bottom of your belly.
I like to picture them like lotus flowers that open and close at the appropriate time.
While focusing on each chakra, imagine that part of your body and practice your breathing at the same time. When you are focusing on organs, envision them in a healthy state.
Focus on your lungs and inhaling and exhaling breaths, filling your entire belly with air. Focus on your spine when you are sitting up straight in perfect posture. This allows you to use chakras as a way to relax your body and mind for proper meditation.
Once you've focused on each chakra individually, use your intuition to continue your meditation until it's complete.